David Milholen wrote:
On 08/11/2010 02:53 PM, David Milholen wrote:
Ok,
I am trying to migrate from an older dying machine to a newer machine till I can get the old one repaired and updated.
Here is what I am having trouble with..
The qtp-restore which is V2.11 is having issues copying all of the accounts in some of the domains. E.G.. /Home/vpopmail/domains to include the postmaster accounts.

I can do a manual move of these accounts and all seems ok. Except my vqadmin becomes broken.

Here is what the old machine has:
qtp-whatami
qtp-whatami v0.3.5
DISTRO=CentOS
OSVER=4.8
QTARCH=i686
QTKERN=2.6.9-89.0.23.ELsmp
BUILD_DIST=cnt40
BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat
This machine's OS is supported and has been tested

Here is what the new machine has:

qtp-whatami v0.3.6
DISTRO=CentOS
OSVER=5.5
QTARCH=i686
QTKERN=2.6.18-194.8.1.el5
BUILD_DIST=cnt50
BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat
This machine's OS is supported and has been tested

The hardware for the new one is beefy-er also.

I am having trouble understanding why the backup is broken?
I cant seem to pin it down to HHD or just some script issue.

Any help would be great..

--Thanks
-Dave

--
David Milholen
Project Engineer

Here is what I got after running the command that is in the qtp-backup script

tar cfj domainstar /home/vpopmail/domains
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
tar: /home/vpopmail/domains/wletc.com/pearcy-update/Log: File shrank by 701 bytes; padding with zeros

It seems like there is something in this log that may be causing issues. I know it hangs during restore on this log also.

--Dave
--

What is the Log file that it's choking on? I've never seen such a thing before.