Hi there,

the two values are just variables used to do this:

The "s" command is used to specify the maximum size of each file before it gets
renamed, and the "n"> command to specify the maximum number of old log files
which may exist before they are deleted. For example...

multilog t n16 s1048576 ./main

This allows each file to grow up to 1MB (1048576 bytes) and allows up to 16
files to exist before the oldest files are deleted.

So, the way you currently have it, you could have 'logcount' files of a
'logsize' file size before overwriting old log data,

Your main problem is going to be that neither of these values has anything
whatsoever to do with timestamps - how far your log reaches into the past
totally depends on the amount of data logged. You could try setting logcount to
something *really* large, though and then periodically delete all log files
older than the desired amount of time logged...

like: find /path/to/files* -mtime +30 -delete

Martin

--
Martin Waschbüsch
IT-Dienstleistungen