I didn't configure on iphone but smtp-auth and port 587 working on my
nokia device.

-Amit

At Saturday, 20-11-2010 on 17:45 Eric Shubert wrote:

I wonder if port 587 is blocked.
Do you see anything in the submission log on the server from the
iphone?
Can you run a telnet app on the phone to test?

On 11/20/2010 05:05 AM, Tony White wrote:
> Hello Eric,
> Yes I am using the entire email address and the port is 587.
> His outlook worked first time as did mine via Thunderbird.
> This is worrying as I need to get my clients into smtp-auth so
> I can set up SPF correctly.
> I cannot even find out much on the web regarding smtp-auth
> and Iphone.
>

> On 20/11/2010 9:33 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
>> On 11/19/2010 10:35 PM, Tony White wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I have just spent the worst 50 minutes trying to get an Apple
Iphone 3
>>> to work with smpt-auth.
>>> Has anyone got it to work please? If so how on earth did you do
it!
>>> I got his Outlook working in 30 seconds...
>>>

>> Are you using smtps (port 465)? That's not set up in the stock
QMT, as
>> it's deprecated. Instructions for setting it up are in the wiki.
>>
>> You're using the entire email address for the account name, right?
>>
>> I'm just "grasping at straws". I haven't set up an iPhone
personally.

Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.