On 11/28/2010 04:45 AM, Rajesh M wrote:
hi

i have a client who needs his emails on a separate drive

all my domains are on

/dev/sdb1

and i have a secondary drive

/dev/sdc1

with mountpoint
/backup3

if my client domain is abc.com

is it ok if i put put a link up in the rc.local file

/bin/mount --bind /backup3/vpopmail-domains/abc.com
/home/vpopmail/domains/abc.com

thanks
rajesh

That should work, but it's not technically a link.

A (symbolic) link would be:
# ln -s /backup3/vpopmail-domains/abc.com /home/vpopmail/domains/abc.com
and would be such that it would only be done once, instead of in rc.local.

I believe that either method will work. I can't think off hand of the advantages of one method over another. You might want to google that. Also, consider what would happen when things don't work as they should, such as your /dev/sdc1 isn't available. I expect that might favor the mount/bind method, but it would depend on your requirements.