Thanks, Eric.

I might add that having spam_hits less than required_score seems non-sensical to me. spam_hits tells simscan to reject *spam* over a particular score, not all messages over a particular score. Thus, having spam_hits less than required_score has the same effect as if they were equal values. IOW, a message must qualify as spam (exceed required_score) before spam_hits becomes effective.

In order to reject spam for a given user at a score that's below tagged spam for all others (required_score), you'd need to be able to specify a different required_score for that user. I don't know that this is presently possible.

Once more, I'm interested to know what it is you're try to accomplish. Can you elaborate?

FWIW, simscan will no longer be used in QMTv2 (amavis will replace it), so I wouldn't be too concerned with simscan at this point. I would like to ensure though that whatever it is you're trying to accomplish can be done with the amavis configuration in QMTv2.