On 12/24/2010 04:51 AM, Eric Broch wrote:
Hello List,

After upgrading one of my servers from courier to dovecot I ran into a
couple very minor issues that I had questions about.

1) Concerning /var/qmail/supervise/dovecot/log/run

The downloaded script is as follows:

VQ="/var/qmail"

exec env - PATH="$VQ/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin" \
multilog t n1024 s1048576 ./main \
'-*' '+*ver: status:*' =lstatus

This is my modified version:

VQ="/var/qmail"

exec env - PATH="$VQ/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin" \
multilog t n1024 s1048576 /var/log/qmail/dovecot/ ./main \
'-*' '+*ver: status:*' =lstatus

The log works, but is this the correct modification?

2) Concerning the following entry in dovecot.conf

I hand to comment out the following to start dovecot

passdb pam {
}

Is this normal? Did I miss something in configuration?

Thanks List!

Eric

Looks like this post was stuck in a queue somewhere for a while. Either that, or (more likely) the time on the computer which originated this message is a couple weeks slow.

1) I don't know on this one. I use the more traditional 'service' to run dovecot, along with syslog for logging.

2) I have that commented out as well. Using vpopmail instead:
  passdb vpopmail {
    # [cache_key=<key>] - See cache_key in PAM for explanation.
    #args =
    args = cache_key=%u
  }