On 02/12/2011 10:14 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
On 2/12/2011 6:53 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 02/12/2011 10:56 AM, Eric Broch wrote:

Hello list,

I am receiving the following error via cron email, after having done
some updates, from one of my toasters:

/etc/cron.daily/qtp-sa-update:

/etc/cron.daily/qtp-sa-update: line 2: sa-update: command not found

I searched for the sa-update file on the toaster to no avail. Is this
program only available with newer versions of Spamassassin?

I currently have spamassassin-toaster-3.0.4-1.2.4

Thanks!

Eric B.

I don't know when that program was introduced, but that appears to be
the case.

Upgrading is rather painless when you use qtp-newmodel. I don't know
of a good reason to be running a version of spamassassin which is that
old. Do you?

Eric,

I don't see any good reason I should put this off any longer either. I
am just a little nervous about running qtp-newmodel on a production
server that has toaster software as old as it is on this machine. I
installed it between 2003 and 2005 with only occasional upgrades to
clamav when it was absolutely necessary--when SMTP and Simscan quit
working properly. It was originally a virus and spam gateway until the
client's exchange server crashed and I made the toaster (mail gateway)
the main email server.

Anyway, I'll put a backup email server on sight, just in case, and
finish the upgrade on this machine and see if that works.

Eric B.

I think you'll be ok. qtp-newmodel is very safe, as it builds and installs all of the packages in the sandbox before doing anything with the running 'live' server.

The dependencies for SA/perl don't appear to be in the rpmforge repo, so you might have to use CPAN for those modules.

As long as you're at it, I would strongly recommend getting to CentOS5.x as well. Being current is a good thing. I think that upgrading to 5.x will ultimately be easier than trying to keep the latest QMT running reliably on 4.x. End of Regular Lifecycle for COS4(RHEL4) is only a year away anywise. See https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/