On 02/17/2011 11:04 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 02/17/2011 12:08 AM, Tony White wrote:
Hi folks,
I have client that is trying to receive emails from
someone with an email like Michael.O'gr...@example.com.
 From what I have read so far the ' is not in the RFC. I am able
to disable chkuser from verifying the format of the senders email
address. The questions are...

1. Is the ' a valid character and I cannot find the changes!

2. Is it a good idea to disable chkuser in this fashion?

Which fashion? I don't think you want to disable chkuser entirely, but you will need to modify it to allow the ' character.

You'll probably need to upgrade to the latest chkuser to do this, as it allows for more of these oddball characters to be defined. I know Jake's been working on getting the latest chkuser packaged with QMT, but I'm not sure what his status is with this, and whether or not he's planning to release it with v1.3 right away.

Jake?

I added the new chkuser, but haven't tested it yet. Work has had me busy and travelling lately.

Thanks in advance as this client may require me to lift the ban
regardless unless I have my facts straight. Interestingly hotmail
seems to accept it without issue!

MS does a lot of things which break the rules. :(

Yes, it does. :) And it's always someone else's problem to bend to accept MS's decisions.