On 18-Feb-11 22:34, Eric Shubert wrote:
qmail-dk (aka DomainKeys), I'm sad to say, has some bugs in the inbound (checking) area. Someone (I'm sorry I don't remember the name) spent some time on it a couple years ago, and ran out of time fixing the outbound portion.

I recommend removing all DK* variables in the tcp.smtp file, except for DKSIGN. I believe DKSIGN works ok (I have it configured), but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

I believe DKIM is preferred (a successor to DK). I haven't used it yet, but I believe Jake and Amit have implemented DKIM successfully. See http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/How_to_Setup_DKIM_with_Qmail_Toaster

I don't know how well DK and DKIM play together, but if I implemented DKIM, I would disable DK entirely, either by removing DKSIGN in tcp.smtp, or (better) change the /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue symlink to point to qmail-queue.orig instead of qmail-dk.

It appears to me that this DKIM implementation is for outbound only. I'm not aware of any implementation of inbound checking of DK (which works reliably) or DKIM for QMT. It'd be nice if someone would come up with a DKIM checking patch of some sort.

although I have followed the steps but somehow I failed to implement dkim on server with following errors,

03-04 16:15:47 delivery 364: failure: se_of_uninitialized_value_in_substitution_(s///)_at_/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Mail/DKIM/Signature.pm_line_425./ZError_while_signing:_Intended_encoded_message_length_too_short._at_/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Mail/DKIM/Key.pm_line_84,__line_8./

Error_while_signing:_Intended_encoded_message_length_too_short._at_/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Mail/DKIM/Key.pm_line_84,__line_8./