Hey Finn,

My test system is running CentOS 5.5. I didn't seem to have any problems
compiling. The compile (make) did not error out.
It is also up to date.
I did 'make' dovecot-2.0.9 again to examine the output and found no
errors, just warnings.
Here's what I did on my test machine...
# cd /my/dovecot/dir/dovecot-2.0.9
# make clean
# make

These are the warnings I got when I ran 'make.'

*** Warning: Linking the shared library lib02_imap_acl_plugin.la against
the loadable module
*** lib01_acl_plugin.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library lib21_fts_squat_plugin.la
against the loadable module
*** lib20_fts_plugin.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library lib20_mail_log_plugin.la against
the loadable module
*** lib15_notify_plugin.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library lib11_imap_quota_plugin.la
against the loadable module
*** lib10_quota_plugin.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library lib11_trash_plugin.la against
the loadable module
*** lib10_quota_plugin.so is not portable!

*** Warning: Linking the shared library lib30_imap_zlib_plugin.la
against the loadable module
*** lib20_zlib_plugin.so is not portable!

I have the complete output in a text file. If your interested in seeing it.

Eric