On 03/04/2011 01:39 PM, Nigel Reed wrote:
Ah I thought I remembered seeing something about no -devel package, but that was
in relation to vpopmail so ignore me. If it's ready to go...where is it? Why
doesn't someone pull the trigger on it?

I still need to go through the configuration file, and probably create a patch for QMT, so everyone doesn't need to repeat that process. If you'd like to wait that's fine. I'll be putting the rpms in the QTP repo when I get to that point. If you'd like the spec or src.rpm file I have so far, I can email you those. Just say the word.

That said, what happens to the packages that require courier-imap?

Good question. I still have courier installed on my QMT. I just have a 'down' file in the supervise directories for it, so it never starts.

I know that dovecot breaks the mrtg graphs. This should be fixed at some point.

BL, adding dovecot is separate from removing courier. ;) Someone does need to go through packages and see what's needed in order to remove courier.

maildrop-toaster requires courier-imap to build

I can't imagine why that is. I suppose it might use a courier library of some sort. Then again, maildrop might not really need courier-imap.

Dovecot is going to be a major piece in the long run. I expect to see the dovecot-pigeonhole package (LDA) totally replace maildrop and vdelivermail at some point. It will be sweet to be able to specify mail filtering rules with an email client (e.g. Thunderbird) and have the rules run on the server. (This feature is right around the corner)

control-panel-toaster requires courier-imap to install

control-panel-toaster needs some work, and that's one piece of it.

Is there anything courier-imap specific in there or can we have them require
imap-server ?

I don't know the answer to that off hand. It's going to take a little work to sever courier entirely from QMT. I'm sure Jake will be tackling that in the v2 release. How much of dovecot will end up in QMTv2 is up in the air at this point (ttbomk). I expect we may see just imap and pop3 in QMTv2, with pigeonhole later on.