On 03/15/2011 08:20 PM, Jean-Paul van de Plasse wrote:
On 15 mrt 2011, at 15:47, Eric Shubert wrote:

On 03/15/2011 07:21 AM, Bharath Chari wrote:
On 03/15/2011 07:39 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
Can sogo not use mysql for authentication?

Worst case, I would think you could run them side-by-side with
separate user definitions. Would just need to maintain user
definitions in 2 different places.

Anyone up for trying this? I'll try it out in a few days.

http://andries.filmer.nl/kb/Scalable-Open-Groupware-Org-SOGo/124#Configure%20SOGo%20to%20use%20MySQL

Bharath

I'm sure this would work. It's only slightly better than using ldap though, as
a separate table/database appears to be required.

I'd rather modify the sogo source to obtain the authentication fields/values
from the vpopmail database. Should be doable, but the ease of doing so will
depend on how well the code is written. Perhaps if we were able to patch an
option for vpopmail into sogo, they'd include it in the package.

I don't even know what language(s) sogo's written in. I'm guessing the
authentication part (at least) is c/c++, but it could be something else. Would
someone like to find out?

Should not be to difficult to do this, even a view might do the trick..
Sogo is written in Objective-C btw..

Will do some tests soon..

JP

My thought (after my earlier post), was to rig up a view in MySQL with appropriate field names, so as not to mess around with sogo code. Should be doable in a single domain situation. Will run tests after I get sogo set up, and post results.

Bharath