client then in account setting change authentication method from none
to encrypted password.

-- Amit

At Wednesday, 16-03-2011 on 21:58 Scott Hughes wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:19 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: IMAP Ports

On 03/16/2011 09:12 AM, Scott Hughes wrote:
> I just noticed that my server will not accept IMAP connections on
the
> standard port of 143 (we usually use ssl / 993). How would I go
about
> turning that on. I need to do a migration from another email server
(one
> domain - 12 users) and would like to simply use the standard port
for
this.

> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Why not? The stock toaster does by default.
Is the service running?
Is the port open? (firewall?)
Can you telnet to it from the inside? Outside?

You need to check these things. More than likely an external router
isn't forwarding that port.

Are you using dovecot instead of courier for imap? If your users have

large mailboxes, you should strongly consider it.

-----

I can telnet in port 143 from inside and outside the server. I just
cannot
get logged in. It is like it is not accepting my password for some
reason. I
have checked the imap4 and imap4-ssl logs and am not even seeing the
attempt. As soon as I change my port on the client side to 993 it
works
perfectly. Here is my dovecot config:

## Dovecot configuration file

# Base directory where to store runtime data.
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/

imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail outlook-idle

# Protocols we want to be serving: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
# If you only want to use dovecot-auth, you can set this to "none".
protocols = imap imaps

##
## Logging
##
log_path = /dev/stderr
info_log_path = /dev/stderr
log_timestamp = ""

##
## SSL settings
##
#ssl_disable = no
ssl_cert_file = /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
ssl_key_file = /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
ssl_cipher_list = ALL:!LOW
verbose_ssl = yes

##
## Login processes
##
login_dir = /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_user = dovecot
login_process_per_connection = yes
login_processes_count = 3
login_max_processes_count = 128
login_greeting = Dovecot ready.
login_log_format_elements = user= method=%m rip=%r lip=%l %c

##
## Mailbox locations and namespaces
##
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
namespace private {

separator = .
prefix = INBOX.
inbox = yes

}

##
## Mail processes
##
verbose_proctitle = yes
first_valid_uid = 89
last_valid_uid = 89

##
## Authentication processes
##
disable_plaintext_auth = yes

auth default {

mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5
passdb vpopmail {

args =

}
userdb vpopmail {
}
user = vpopmail
count = 1
ssl_require_client_cert = no
}

## END

Thanks,
Scott

Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.