So in this case, the cure is to do some tuning with QMT to help reduce the load. The simplest and most effective way to do this is to use spamdyke. Simply run the qtp-install-spamdyke scripts, restart qmail, and you should be good to go. The stock configuration for spamdyke works very well, but you might want to adjust it a little for your particular situation.

I would also check to be sure that your clamav-toaster package is up to date. There was a version (or 2) of clamav which would occasionally eat the cpu, causing load levels to be excessively high. This could also cause duplicate emails.

If you're already running spamdyke and your clamav-toaster package is current, I'll be surprised. QMT can handle a boatload of email with a surprisingly small amount of hardware. FWIW, my first QMT was on a P-II/266 w/ 512M RAM. It didn't host a lot of accounts, but it kept up w/out flinching, and that was before spamdyke came along.

On 03/17/2011 05:12 AM, Patrick Ring wrote:
Many times this is due to something placing a second mail filter
statement in the .qmail file.  You need to comment one of them out.

-----Original Message-----
From: nishant amin [mailto:igonish...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:40 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] need some help

hi all

recently i have received some complains from users that they are
receiving double email in their web mail account.i dont know what
could cause this..could you point me in the right direction
your help is highly appreciated

regards
NIshant Amin

     Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
      For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com