I think you can do incrementals with rsync as well. I haven't implemented this yet, but I hope to in the near future.

I can't think of why rollback would be wanted or needed with QMT, at least where messages are concerned.

On 03/29/2011 10:25 AM, Patrick Ring wrote:
I had played with a similar rsync method to this for a while as well as
adapting a rdiff-backup method as well (allows for
snapshot/rollback/increments).

I think the rsync is the way to go if you don't need rollback
increments.
It will cut down on bandwidth and time.
-Pat Ring

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:07 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: qtp-backup

I using rsync to back up the /home/vpopmail/domains directory. Then I
run a modified version of qtp-backup which backs up everything except
said directory. This is much more efficient, as messages aren't
repeatedly backed up.

The modified version of qtp-backup will be included in the next release
of QTP, and is presently in the QTP subversion repo, so you can download
it from the web site. See comments in the source for how to use it. :)