On 04/07/2011 11:38 PM, Rajesh M wrote:
On 04/07/2011 05:50 PM, Rajesh M wrote:
hi

i wish to whitelist a client's server static ip in the spamassasin
trusted
network

i am entering the line like this

trusted_networks xxx.yyy

if i do this then the email from this server ip should be given a
negative
score

but it does not seem to work

reading the wiki it seem that i need to turn the -L switch

Which wiki page(s) led you to that conclusion?
Which program (spamd?) is the -L switch for?

since this was not turned on by default in my qmail toaster installation
would like some information as to any problems that i may face if i turn
on the -L switch

thanks very much

rajesh

      Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
        If you need professional help with your setup, contact them
today!

     Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.
      For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com

hi eric

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath

the section is:
How can I optimize the trusted_networks setting?

rajesh

I think you misunderstand what it's saying about the -L switch. It's saying that configuring the trust path information is worth configuring, whether or not you use the -L switch (QMT does not).

I think you need to describe your *entire* trusted network in the trusted_networks parameter. The wiki says (above): "Generally you want trusted_networks set to contain all the mailservers you control that add Received: headers, and nothing else."

HTH.