On 04/12/11 22:49, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 04/11/2011 11:04 PM, Pak Ogah wrote:
On 04/12/11 3:36, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 04/11/2011 11:48 AM, Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. wrote:
I was looking at the script in the qmailtoaster wiki for Automatic
account expirations. The script is not working for me and I am not all
that great with bash scripts. Has anyone run this script on the list?
When I modify the script with my server info and run the script, it logs
me into mysql and then stops. when I press ctrl-c I get the following
notice.

mysql> Aborted
./autodelete.sh: line 128: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./autodelete.sh: line 128: `$MYSQL_DATABASE -E -e "$SQL_QUERY" | $GREP
email | $GAWK -F' ' '{print $2}' >'

Can someone help me please or push me an alternative direction?

Thank you,
Gilbert Gutierrez

Looks like that line got wrapped on to the next one at some point.
I've edited it now so that doesn't happen. Be sure there's no spaces
or anything after the \ character on that line.

Thank you Eric for the correction,.
Gilbert the script has 2 holes
1. if you create a new account and the user never use it, the data won't
be available at vpopmail.lastauth, so the account won't be deleted
manual fix: after you create new account, login to webmail to
test/verify the new account working and to insert data automatically to
vpopmail.lastauth

2. if the user resigned, but he still remember credentials
(url/server,user,pass) s/he may still using the account which causing
the account active and won't be deleted
manual fix: inform your HR /Account Dept to notify you any resigned
employee/client/user, so you can deleted it manual/change password

That'd be good to mention on the wiki page, Pak. (hint)

Yes sir,
It's done now :D
and beautified
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Automatic_account_expirations

ps: can I know what script used for wiki? is it mediawiki? if so what version? because although Jake already implement match challenge on the script, it still have another spam on it?
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Special:Search?search=brandon&go=Go
can we have a better and clean new wiki for next QMTv2 release which based the latest Mediawiki version.
I can help copy/paste the contents