Just set up your authoritative DNS (A,MX) records at your registrar. QMT doesn't need to know about that at all.

Then on QMT, simply:
# yum install caching-nameserver
# service start named
# chkconfig named on

Then put
nameserver 127.0.0.1
as the first record in your /etc/resolv.conf file.

That's all you need to do. Your QMT host doesn't give a hoot about authoritative DNS. It'll get everything it needs from the recursor (aka caching-nameserver).