Il 13/09/2011 04:12, Eric Shubert ha scritto:
On 09/12/2011 05:39 PM, Quinn Comendant wrote:
We'll be deploying a mail server on a Rackspace cloud server, and they suggested that because their offering is 'utility computing' the IP addresses included are dirty (in a blacklist kind of way) and we should use a commercial ESP such as SendGrid, PostMark, CritSend, CloudSMTP, or the like.

Has anybody done research in this field? Any favorites?

We'll just be forwarding our outgoing SMTP traffic to their service for its quality of deliverability. I doubt we'll use any of reporting features, or even SPF/DKIM.

Quinn

Will they give you an appropriate rDNS for it (the static address you'll have)? If so, I think I'd simply go through the motions to get it cleaned up where needed.

I agree with Eric, but be sure to have a subnet for you and not only one IP.
Some blacklists deny all class C or subnets if a lot of IP from that class makes spam. So, if IPs upper and below you make spam, you could have troubles because of them.

It is not necessary, but may help!

Tonino

        Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      to...@interazioni.it