On 09/27/11 6:19, Casey wrote:
Thanks Jake. I'm hoping to make this process as automated as possible...

What I'm wondering, is does the database need to be converted somehow to work properly on the new server since the old server is running mysql 4 and the new one is mysql 5?
I can't answer others, but for Mysql database which vpopmail used you can easily converted database ver 4 into ver 5. here's how I do it:
- make sure you have backup for vpopmail database
- stop mysql service on both servers
- copy vpopmail database from /var/lib/mysql/vpopmail from old server into new server
- start mysql service on new server
- then run mysql_upgrade with your privileges
see mysql_upgrade --help and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-upgrade.html for detail option afaik vpopmail database is using myisam, if your vpopmail database on your old server (solaris) not using myisam, you can export the database into *.sql file using mysqldump then import it to new server. see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqldump.html