Eric,

I have been using SM 1.5* for some time and even though this is still in development, I have never had any issues.
Can only recommend it.

Regards
Alex

On 30/09/2011 18:08, Eric Shubert wrote:
Just when I say I have Squirrelmail running on a separate host with no problem, there's a problem. ;)

I'm running dovecot 2.0.11, and require encrypted logins. Plain logins with TLS works fine, all the time, from any client. However, SM doesn't yet do TLS (it's in the 1.5.1 version, which is considered development). So I have SM configured to use cram-md5.

This works sometimes, but sometimes SM logins fail. The problem is intermittent. Some users work ok while others do not. Also, some users who didn't work one day may work the next. The only indication of error I see in the logs is dovecot, which simply says authentication failure.

Has anyone else here seen this sort of failure?

Also, I'm considering giving SM 1.5.x a try. Has anyone been using this version yet?

Thanks.