Hi,

My customer have 2 qmailtoaster server: a master server replicates (via rsync) to a backup server. Master server receive all mail from a xDSL connection (public ip: 1.2.3.4). Master server is behind a public firewall who nat all email to master server from primary xDSL line. Now i have a second DSL connection and i want receive email from this connection (public ip 5.6.7.8) when primary xDSL is down.

Now  master server has
- server name: box1.mydomain.xxx
- domain mydomain.xxx: Mx preference = 10, mail exchanger = box1.mydomain.xxx
- qmail controls files
    - me: box1.mydomain.xxx
    - rcpthosts: box1.mydomain.xxx, mydomain.xxx

If i've understand for receive email from second dsl lines i need to
- add to mydomain.xxx Mx preference = 20, mail exchanger = box2.mydomain.xxx on ip - add nat for smtp second xDSL line (smtp traffic from public ip 5.6.7.8 to master server).

It's correct or i need particular configuration in qmailtoaster? For example i've problems (like spam control) if an email arrive to box2.mydomain.xxx and my server response with box1.mydomain.xxx

thank you
--
Michele Federici