> Rajesh,
> I understand your dilemma. It's sad that hotmail has this problem. Such
> things happen sometimes though. I guess the good news is that you have
> other servers that are not having this problem.
>
> Carlos points out two ways of handling the relay server, but I'm not
> sure that the alternatives are very clear.
>
> The gist of it is that you don't want to make the 2nd server an open
> relay, which means that you need to set up a trust mechanism between the
> 2 servers. This trust can be based on an IP address, or it can be based
> on authentication credentials (login/password).
>
> My preference is to use authentication. In this case, the first server
> simply has:
> hotmail.com:<server2.name.or.ip>:587 <RelayAccount> <RelayPassword>
> in its smtproutes file. On server2, you can then create the RelayAccount
> in some existing domain on server2 using qmailadmin. You need to include
> the entire account name (including @domain.com) in <RelayAccount>.
>
> If you choose to trust via IP address, you need to add an entry with the
> IP address of the 1st server in the 2nd server's tcp.smtp file, and do
> "qmailctl cdb" to make it effective. If you're using spamdyke, you
> should also whitelist the IP address of the 1st server in the
> whitelist_ip file. I think this method is a little more cumbersome, and
> not quite as secure (which I realize is debatable).
>
> We should probably have this written up on the wiki. Would someone like
> to handle this? TIA.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'
>

> On 11/23/2011 05:18 AM, Carlos Herrera Polo wrote:
>> In the second server you have to add in tcpserver file the first
>> server ip for relay.... If in the second server you have spamdyke then
>> change in the first server smtproute file the port 25 to 587 and
>> authenticate....

>>> eric
>>>
>>> i have 2 additional servers using qmailtoaster all with the same data
>>> center and i could use any of those.
>>>
>>> my helo, spf, reverse dns records are all correct
>>> we continuously monitor our servers for outgoing spam -- there has been
>>> cases but we quickly stop those.
>>> my server ip is not listed in any spamdatabase and every server in the
>>> world accepts my email.
>>>
>>> i have joined the snds and junk email reporting program
>>> SNDS says - blocked manually or for spamming
>>> while their junk email reporting gives me all green reports
>>> so basically they contradict themselves
>>> their support people give typical answers like trained parrots
>>> on googling i found that there are 100s of others suffering due to
>>> their
>>> so called "SmartScreen filter"
>>>
>>> so i want to route only emails addressed to hotmail.com thru another
>>> server
>>>
>>> can you please guide me on this ie what should i enter in smtproutes ?
>>>
>>> let us say if i put in the smtproute file
>>> hotmail.com:ip.add.other.server

> [...]

thanks very much for your detailed instructions

they worked great.

i am using smtp authentication which seems safe to me.

my problem server -- server1 - smtp routes file
hotmail.com:xxx.xxx:587 u...@domainonserver2.com pass

works great ..

now all i need to do is update the spf records of my domains on server1

rajesh