I see by the looks of /etc/clamd.conf that archive files are scanned by default. I presume this includes zip files.

I don't know of a way to block .exe files within zip files. I don't think I'd want to do that though.

I presume your clamav is current, and that freshclam is working. Can you report this to the clamav folks so that an appropriate signature is added, or has that already been done?

Thanks Amit.

On 12/16/2011 06:25 AM, Amit wrote:
Hi Eric,

It is actually a Trojan which ClamAV missed.

Amit Dalia

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 6:20 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Block exe files inside zip file

On 12/16/2011 05:15 AM, Amit wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Today one of my user received a virus attachment inside zip file. I just
checked and found a exe file inside zip file.

Exe file extension are already blocked on server but now how do I block
zip files having such executable file.

*Amit Dalia**

*

I don't know for sure if QMT scans the contents of zip files or not. It
should IMO. Is this a virus that clamav would have caught if it weren't
in a zip file, or is it a virus that clamav simply missed?