On 01/09/2012 01:54 PM, Kalil Costa - Brasilsite wrote:

unfortunately it's not brute-force. They are real users, the error
begins to appear and I get calls in my help desk reporting the problem.

I'm thinking it might be mysql......

any ideia ?

Sounds to me too like a problem with mysql. Have you tried restarting mysqld? I wonder if you're hitting a connection or other resource limit of some kind. I don't know mysql tuning off hand, so I'm afraid I'm not much help with this. Any mysql admins out there with a recommendation?

I agree with Peter that using dovecot is worth consideration, but that's mostly imap related, not pop3. If all/most of your users are pop3, then I'm not sure dovecot would do much for you, as qmail-pop3 is the stock pop3 server.

While spamdyke won't effect pop3 or mysql directly, it will undoubtedly lighten the load on your server while reducing spam at the same time. No QMT should be w/out it. If your problem is load related (which I doubt), spamdyke will help.

Thanks Peter and Phil (and everyone else) for your help on the list recently. As others participate more on the list, it gives me more time to spend on other QMT related tasks. I hope to spend less time on this list as time goes on, but that's only possible when others participate. Thanks again.