Like I said previously, monitoring isn't high on my list at this time.

That being said, I'd would like (probably in conjunction with isoqlog or equivalent upgrade) to collect anonymous statistics from volunteer QMT hosts, which would be published at the QMT site. This data would be absolutely anonymous, and would show numbers of hosts, domains, users, and mail activity. Anonymity can be provided by using sha1 keys for sensitive data (host names and email addresses). The numbers can show trends (hopefully upward) of QMT usage, as well as examples of capacity, and perhaps even point to performance problems. Anonymous data such as cpuinfo, mem, config settings, etc can be included as well. This can all be pretty easily automated with a new qtp script or two. I have ideas about how it might be done, and I expect others do as well.

I also really liked the looks of the graphs that Martin put together of the wiki site soon after it was migrated to a host of his:
http://mirror.qmailtoaster.de/awstats/
I'd like to see something equivalent for QMT. I've no idea what's out there presently, but I do know that I think mrtg-toaster and isoqlog-toaster can stand some improvements.

Martin also put together some traffic monitoring software about 18 months ago:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.qmail.toaster/31499/match=monitor+accounting
I've no idea what that does or the shape it's presently in.

Whatever we do, let's not reinvent the wheel. I'm sure there are many good things which can be brought together to provide improved monitoring and measuring of QMT performance. I would like whoever tackles this part of QMT (and it's presently up for grabs) to approach it in a comprehensive fashion.

As a good bit of this (processing stats) is driven by logs, I think it'd be best if anything developed in this area was built based on rsyslogd logs, as that's what I expect QMT will be using eventually. If we get the reporting software built on rsyslogd, having it might be the push we need at the time to get rsyslogd implemented. Who knows.

Just wanted to get these ideas out there. Have at it, folks.