I followed Dave's suggestion of adding the maildrop-toaster in the rebuild
(using qtp-newmodel). Unfortunately, I do not see the Spam folder get
generated, maybe due to the fact I do not have any emails marked as spam?

In regards to Eric's advice:
Thank you for the insight of improving the email server's security. I'll
definitely try that out. So, I have to (somehow) send a spam email to my
new account to get the spam folder generated.
[ SUGGESTION FROM PREVIOUS EMAIL ]
The 1st line here is for SquirrelMail's benefit. It's allowing SM to relay
(IOW send with no authentication) because of the way that SM is configured.
If you add:
$smtpServerAddress  = 'localhost';
$smtpPort           = 587;
$smtp_auth_mech     = 'login';
to your /etc/squirrelmail/config_**local.php file, then you can remove the
127. line from the tcp.smtp file. This is a bit more secure, provides
better logging of submissions, and is a bit simpler (imo). I expect we'll
be making this change in the stock configuration at some point.

That isn't the issue here though (someone might find it useful).
[ END SUGGESTION ]

Does anyone have suggestions how to do this (sorry if this is a dumb
question)? I've tried taking spam email (marked from another email server
using qmailrocks setup and Spam Assassin install) and the server will not
even scan when I send it from Qmail. So I tried from my other account
(which simscan did scan) but did not mark it as spam. Any solutions?