The release of the new toaster (thank you, Eric) has made me eager to
upgrade to the latest and greatest.

But ... I have upgraded a couple of packages (ssh, php) past their
expected/approved version for CentOS 5. As a result, when I try to
install, I get:

   Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-39.el5_8 is needed by package
php-ldap-5.1.6-39.el5_8.x86_64

and

   Missing Dependency: openssh = 4.3p2-82.el5 is needed by package
openssh-askpass-4.3p2-82.el5.x86_64

and

   Error: mysql55 conflicts with mysql

I currently have:

   php-common.x86_64           5.3.15-1.w5
   openssh.x86_64              5.9p1-1

There will now be a brief pause while you all shake your heads sadly and
say "Well, that's why we told you not to do that. You have only yourself
to blame."

Which is true, but my questions are:

a. Am I totally screwed, or is there a workaround that will allow me to
install anyway? (FWIW, everything in QMT works just fine with my
non-standard system currently).

b. Is there a safe/easy way to move back to earlier versions? (this is
more a yum/rpm question than a QMT question, but I thought I'd ask
anyway).

Any helpful hints and advice gratefully received. Thanks,

Angus