On 08/13/2012 07:32 AM, Mike Tirpak wrote:
Thanks for getting the mirrors up.  The update went through anyway.  I
am using qtp-newmodel.  Everything seems like it updated alright.  I had
to redo my qmailadmin password though.

I'm having an issue with a script that runs every hour to rebuild
qmail.  I found the script somewhere in wiki, but I can't find it.  I
know there was a good reason for it but I don't know if it is needed
anymore.  The script is...

#!/bin/bash
/var/qmail/bin/simscanmk
sleep 2
/var/qmail/bin/simscanmk -g
sleep 2
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-badloadertypes
sleep 2
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-badmimetypes
sleep 2
qmailctl cdb
#eof

I get this error when it runs...

Subroutine IO::Socket::INET6::AF_INET6 redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
  at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/IO/Socket/INET6.pm line 16
Subroutine Net::DNS::Resolver::Base::AF_INET6 redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
  at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Net/DNS/Resolver/Base.pm
line 66

Is this script necessary to run every hour?

No.

I do use it to rebuild
qmail after I make any changes to the tcp.smpt file.

I recommend using
# service qmail cdb
or
# qmailctl cdb
(these commands execute the same script, which rebuilds the cdb files which can typically be changed by an admin).

Also, which sa-update script should I use, qtp-sa-update or just sa-update?

Sorry for the confusion. These are very different commands.

The stock spamassassin-toaster includes the sa-update command, but contains nothing to automatically update spam rules. qtp-sa-update essentially sets up a cron job to run sa-update periodically to keep the rules up to date. qtp-sa-update also includes the additional spam rules from openprotect.com.

At some point I expect that the qtp-sa-update functionality will be included in the stock spamassassin-toaster package. I see no reason not to.

Also, the problem with qtp availability has reportedly been fixed. Please report any further outages here if you notice any.