looks like courier:
telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE]*Courier-IMAP* ready. Copyright 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.

Should I backup first then update to Dovecot.
Dave M