First guess is that the account was deleted in MySQL, but the folder still exists

Check for the existence of the folder at:
/home/vpopmail/domains/<domainname>/<username>
 - or -
/home/vpopmail/domains/0/<domainname>/<username>

If either exists, remove or rename it and try the add again.

Dan McAllister
QMT DNS/Mirror Admin