On 08/11/2013 06:45 AM, Istvan Köpe wrote:
There is also an other approach. The idea came after I struggled with
the Centos installation. Install ESXI 5.1 on the server and create a
dedicated virtual machine for Qmailtoaster using the Centos 5.

Running QMT as a VM on a virtual platform is a practice I expect to become more common as virtualization technology matures. Personally, I use the Proxmox platform using KVM, and used VMware Server2 in the past.

We've had prebuilt QMT VMs available in the past. You'll need to search the list archives for them. We may make prebuilt VMs available in the future as well. That can require a good deal of bandwidth, so we probably should set up bit-torrents for this when the time comes.

There is also some wiki content which addresses virtual QMT hosts (which will be due for updating soon, as it's become a bit dated).

I hope to have COS6 'officially' available in the next couple months (at the latest), as COS7 beta is due out at the end of the year.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and support.