On 08/17/2013 10:37 PM, ChandranManikandan wrote:
Hi,
I had done from courier to dovecot. After done it's shows error for
configure the IPV6 allow then i add below line in dovecot conf file
listen = *, then i checked outlook it's mails are downloaded and when i
tried to send email it's shows certificate message.
1. how to solve this warning message.

Either import the server's certificate into each client's windows machine, or purchase a cert for the server. There might be a way to permanently disable the warning in Outlook, but I don't recall off hand that there is. I've always vied for the first option.

2.squirrelmail configured as wiki showed but it's not working perfect
and even web page not opening. then i change to existing settings in
squirrelmail it's working now.

Sorta hard to help you with this w/out seeing the config files.

so how to check our server is running
courier imap or dovecot both squirrelmail and outlook client.
please help me to solve this.

You can check from the server by doing:
# service qmail stat
# service dovecot status
The first command should show courier as being down (among other things). The second command should show dovecot running. There's also a network command (nmap?) which can show you what's listening on which port. Anyone recall that one off hand?

You can also check using the telnet command from the server or any telnet capable client:
# telnet localhost 143

3. i want to know this dovecot working with thunderbird client or not.

Dovecot works fine with Tbird.