I don't think your issue is with the Courier, but rather with the folder structure.

By default, Outlook wants to copy Drafts and Sent Items to folders on the "root" of the IMAP directory -- only QMT places those files /inside /the Inbox folder.

   So Outlook is set to put the Sent Items into "/Sent", but the REAL
   location needs to be "Inbox/Sent"

The fix is to tell Outlook the RIGHT place to put the Sent Items -- a change that has to be made for each account in Outlook. (Sadly, each version of Outlook does this differently, but they ALL allow you to change this -- EXCEPT for Outlook 2013, which will find your Sent Items for you but will not let you override its self-selected destination. MS knows best -- especially when it comes to mail!)

BTW: Assuming your SMTP settings were set correctly, the message went, it just wasn't saved in your Sent Items folder...

I hope this helps...

Dan McAllister
QMT DNS/Mirror Admin