Eric is spot-on .... it is a DNS issue (usually because the DNS name you use [or IP address] in the SSH client command to connect, doesn't resolve backwards).
The easiest fix is on the server end:
 Change the default SSHD setting to NOT attempt DNS reverse lookups.
 The file is: */etc/ssh/sshd_config*
 The entry is: *UseDNS no*

Enjoy!

Dan