Il 24/09/2013 19:37, Nicholas Chua ha scritto:
Hi,
Have anything work with outgoingip / outgoiningips

Can any of these patches do what I want below.

I had binded 2 IPs to eth0 and eth0:1 respectively with IP 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2. I would like to send emails to abc.com domain using IP 1.1.1.1 all others with 1.1.1.2.

Is it possible?

I think none of existing patches will help you.

Probably you will have only one solution, but, due to qmail limits, you need a second machine:

 * setup another copy of qmail (or another MTA) on another machine (or
   another VM, or another OpenVZ container), used only for delivering
   using the alternative address using 1.1.1.1, while standard qmail
   configuration will use 1.1.1.2.
 * modify SMTP routes, and send the emails for abc.com domain to this
   alternative address (1.1.1.1), which will then deliver to end
   recipients.

You cannot do that two qmail installation in same machine, because qmail will manage each IP on the machine as a local IP for qmail, and will not deliver to the other MTA. I was planning a patch to solve this problem (instead of checking for local IP, I would get the list of local IP from a file), before I stopped to make changes to qmail.

This is a real limit, and it alone its a good reason for building qmail within a jail, or a container, or a separated VM, in order to have more copies of indipendent qmails for solving such problems.

Regards,

Tonino

Regards
Nic