Is there a 0 folder in /home/vpopmail/domains ???
Once you reach a certain threshold, to improve performance, vpopmail creates sub-folders inside of /home/vpopmail/domains... the first one created is 0.

Also, look in the /var/lib/mysql/vpopmail folder to see if there is still a remnant database file in there...

Dan McAllister
IT4SOHO