Hi,

Thanks for your clarification Dan. One question:

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Dan McAllister <q...@it4soho.com> wrote:

>  I'm johnny-come-lately on this, and Peter nearly nailed it:
>
> 1) If you remove DOMAIN-X.com from *rcpthosts*, you no longer accept mail
> for it at all -- so it probably needs to remain there (or in
> *morercpthosts*)

I do not want to accept mail for this domain. I only want users to be able
to access the old mailboxes via IMAP until their contract runs out.

The issue I washaving is that the same server acts as the web server for
that domain and mail was being relayed from their contact forms etc to the
old inboxes and not to the new inboxes at Office365.

> 2) You should remove the domain from *virtualdomains*
> 3) If present, you must also remove the domain from *locals*
> (All files located in */var/qmail/control*)
>
> Having done the above, the QMT knows to accept mail for DOMAIN-X.com, but
> not where to deliver it (you took that out!)... so now you go into
> smtproutes and tell it where to forward the mail...

That domain is still in smptroutes and mail seems to be relaying to
Office365 ok.

So should I keep the domain in rcpthosts or not, will it do me some harm
that it is not there?

I am not actually using SPF. When setting up my mail servers it seemed to
cause more troubles than it was worth.

Perhaps this has changed and it would be a good idea nowadays?

Thanks for your help,
Peter