On 11/21/2013 05:32 PM, Rajesh M wrote:
hi

is clam on qmailtoaster configured so that it check emails sent via
webmail also ?

i ask this question because while testing i found that i was able to send
a virus (eicar test file) via webmail.

thanks,

rajesh

I clamav should be scanning all emails, both outbound and incoming. Webmail should be no different.

Oh, wait a sec. The stock configuration may not be.

Geez, I see this in the new qmail version:
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"
:allow,BADMIMETYPE="",BADLOADERTYPE="M",CHKUSER_RCPTLIMIT="50",CHKUSER_WRONGRCPTLIMIT="10",DKSIGN="/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/private"

Where'd simscan go? There should be a
"QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan" in both lines. This is what essentially invokes simscan, which subsequently invokes clamav and spamassassin.

Ok, I found it in one of the (many) patch files. Yes, in the stock configuration (soon to be changed), QMAILQUEUE is not set on the 127. line in tcp.smtp (which is what the stock squirrelmail uses, since it's not configured to authenticate, which too will be changing.

So the *true* answer is that outbound messages from squirrelmail are not presently scanned in the stock QMT, because it has no QMAILQUEUE entry on the 127.: line in the tcp.smtp file. This will be changing in the upcoming release.

What's in your tcp.smtp file?