Load balancing on outbound traffic is most commonly done with iptables.

See: http://blog.khax.net/2009/12/01/multi-gateway-balancing-with-iptables/
for some help...

Dan McAllister
IT4SOHO

On 11/29/2013 6:11 AM, Pak Ogah wrote:

On 10/29/2013 2:24 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
I think Amit's talking about outbound emails here. MX records only
apply to inbound emails (from external domains).

There's no mechanism built-in that I know of which can do this.

It shouldn't be too difficult to write a script that does it though.
The script would run periodically via cron. It would simply try to
telnet to the smarthost, and if the connection fails, have it modify
your smtproutes file appropriately, and restart qmail.

have you tried HAProxy script ?
HAProxy is load-balance transparant proxy and it's said it can be with
any protocol

example:

this it the config of smtproutes w/ HAProxy
gotoserverA.com:via.haproxybox.net

and on haproxybox, you list multiple smtp ip address

you can see it on
http://blog.secaserver.com/2012/02/high-availability-mysql-cluster-galera-haproxy/
see on haproxy section, on this blog haproxy is load-balancing mysql
connection

ps: I haven't tested it, it just my idea

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR NEW ADDRESS
IT4SOHO, LLC
33 - 4th Street N, Suite 211
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-3806