Greetings all:

I have 2 QMT servers that need to share a SQL (user) database. I have tried synching them, but when the synch gets lost all hell breaks loose and it makes me look bad. What I'd really like to do is to allow (through IPTables) for the main mail server (where all inbound mail is delivered) to share the MySQL ports with the outbound mail server (accepts mail only on submission and smtps ports -- not port 25 -- and delivers it as necessary -- including, potentially back to the primary mail server -- for which there are special routing rules in smtproutes).

So, in order to do what I think I want to do, I need the smtpauth (qmail-auth, vpopmail auth, or whatever) to connect to an external MySQL database server.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Dan McAllister

--