Centos6 is currently a work in progress,

On 1/28/2014 8:12 AM, erik.wram...@codemint.com wrote:
Hello,

Please excuse me if this is obvious. Some old posts mention CentOS or Red
Hat 6. Several people seemed to have working installations way back, but
the Wiki and serveral posts indicate that CentOS 5 remains the only
supported CentOS release.

I would like to use qmailtoaster with qmailtoasterplus on CentOS 6. I
cannot use CentOS 5, so unless I can get it working I need to switch mail
server or installation method. The setup with all the qtp-commands for
maintenance has worked great for years on other servers, so I would prefer
to stay with it.

If I run qtp-whatami it seems CentOS 6 is supported:

qtp-whatami v0.3.8 Tue Jan 28 15:15:51 CET 2014
REAL_DIST=CentOS
DISTRO=CentOS
OSVER=6.5
QTARCH=x86_64
QTKERN=2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64
BUILD_DIST=cnt6064
BUILD_DIR=/usr/src/redhat
This machine's OS is supported and has been tested

So far so good, but qtp-install-rpmforge fails:

qtp-install-rpmforge v0.4.0 - getting latest version of rpmforge-release ...
qtp-install-rpmforge - rpmforge-release not installed, installing ...
qtp-install-rpmforge - your distro/ver is not supported by RPMforge, exiting.

If I install rpmforge manually that works, but then qtp-dependencies
fails. Some packages are not found and some Perl packages conflict with
versions from the base repository.

So, what should I do? Is CentOS 6 supposed to be supported by the qtp
scripts? If not, is it in the works? I don't want to push, I just want to
know what my options are.

-Erik