On 02/20/2014 08:24 AM, Angus McIntyre wrote:
Dave M wrote:
I installed long time ago from this guide
and tweeked it for my needs.
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Fail2Ban
<sigh>

I should have searched, instead of eye-balling the contents list (and
somehow missing that the guide was already there).

I'll back out my changes and link to the existing guide. Sorry.

Incidentally, if it's easy to do, I'd strongly recommend making a fail2ban
install part of the stock qmailtoaster setup. With password-guessing
attempts clearly on the rise, fail2ban can greatly reduce wear-and-tear on
your mailserver.

Angus
I also us a no hostname filter to reduce unnecessary wear and tear.  Works beautifully.  If you're using Spamdyke you won't need this.

[Definition]

failregex = reject: RCPT from (.*)\[<HOST>\]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname

ignoreregex =