Il 24/09/2014 16:08, Tonix - Antonio Nati ha scritto:
Il 24/09/2014 15:01, Eric Broch ha scritto:
On 9/24/2014 1:07 AM, Tonix - Antonio Nati wrote:
Il 23/09/2014 18:28, Eric Broch ha scritto:
On 9/22/2014 5:39 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
On 9/22/2014 4:43 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
Nice info, Tonino. I know that SPF failures used to do that too, but I
think we have a log message for that now.

Sounds to me like TLS may be failing. I'd turn on spamdyke's detailed
logging. It'll show you the details of what's going on.

Thanks! I'll increase spamdyke log-level.

For additional commands, e-mail:
qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com

Hello list,

I implemented the log-level setting in spamdyke to 'excessive' and the
log results are below:

@400000005421856d2ff92a84 tcpserver: pid 15364 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
@400000005421856d2ffa8244 tcpserver: ok 15364
mail.acemt.com:yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:25 :xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx::26232
@400000005421856d3029c004 spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_rdns_missing()@filter.c:986): checking for missing rDNS;
rdns: theirmail.theirdomain.com
@400000005421856d302a21ac spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_rdns_whitelist_file()@filter.c:1094): searching rDNS
whitelist file(s); rdns: theirmail.theirdomain.com
@400000005421856d302a9ac4 spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_rdns_blacklist_file()@filter.c:1198): searching rDNS
blacklist file(s); rdns: theirmail.theirdomain.com
@400000005421856d302b0c0c spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_ip_whitelist()@filter.c:1267): searching IP whitelist
file(s); ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
@400000005421856d302bcb74 spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_ip_blacklist()@filter.c:1318): searching IP blacklist
file(s); ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
@400000005421856d302c9e64 spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_ip_in_rdns_whitelist()@filter.c:1419): checking for IP in
rDNS +keyword(s) in whitelist file; ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx rdns:
theirmail.theirdomain.com
@400000005421856d302d271c spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_ip_in_rdns_blacklist()@filter.c:1372): checking for IP in
rDNS +keyword(s) in blacklist file; ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx rdns:
theirmail.theirdomain.com
@400000005421856d302d5214 spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_dns_rbl()@filter.c:1684): checking DNS RBL(s); ip:
theirmail.theirdomain.com
@400000005421856d33e291e4 spamdyke[15364]:
DEBUG(filter_earlytalker()@filter.c:1856): checking for earlytalker;
delay: 1
@40000000542185a9306b495c tcpserver: end 15364 status 0

The connection seems to stop after the 'earlytalker' filter, but I'm not
sure this would be the cause. Any ideas?

Eric

Eric,

who is sending: a remote server, or a remote client?

Tonino

Hi Tonino,

I think I understand your question. The sender is an MS Exchange server.

And, I don't think I've stated this  before, but we're having trouble
both sending and receiving email. When they send email from their
Exchange server it connects to our QMT host and disconnects right away
without delivering the mail only to be delivered some time later from
hours to up to a day and a half. And, this is true when we send email to
them from our QMT host to their Exchange server. It makes me believe
something is going on in-between the two hosts. One email sat in the QMT
queue for hours.

In testing, when I telnet to their Exchange server on port 25 there is a
very long delay--up to 75 seconds, which indicates to me that something
is wrong on their end or something is blocking the connection. Using
Wireshark to examine this test, our QMT host sends 5 SYN packets (when
there should only be one) and then is responded to with a SYN, ACK
packet by their Exchange server after the 5th; then our QMT host sends
an RST packet. During this delay if I open up another terminal and
telnet to their Exchange server on port 25, I receive their SMTP
greeting immediately. Upon subsequent telnet(s) on port 25 it always
connects. If I wait 5 minutes or more in between telnet(ing) on port 25
their is a long delay, again.

I hope all of this makes sense to you. It is quite disconcerting to be
able to send and receive email from or to anywhere except one host.
Their IT staff claims the same thing, that is, that our QMT host is the
only host they are having trouble with in send/receiving email.

I'm going to set up spamdyke as EricS has recommended and see what happens.

Just thinking loudly...

Just to avoid confusion, all problems here listed are referred to exchange server side, not your side :-)

1) It looks like they could have DNS problems. If first connection is slow, and second is quick, it looks like a dns query slow in first attempo, but already in cache in the second... and then again slow on third attempot after a few minutes because cache life is too short.
2) Check on exhange server
http://mikecrowley.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/delayed-smtp-acknowledgement/
3) if they have firewall, check command EHLO is accepted.

Regards,

Tonino

EricB