On 10/2/2014 10:29 AM, Tonix - Antonio Nati wrote:
> Il 02/10/2014 18:02, Eric Broch ha scritto:

>>> Thanks again, Bharath
>>>
>>> I've done that too (from ANOTHER machine on the same network) with the
>>> same results--delay or no connection at all.
>>>
>>> Eric

>> Hi Bharath,
>>
>> I just received an email from the problematic mx host's IT department.
>> They've done a test with SmtpDiag from their mx host and they cannot
>> connect to our mx host from their side either.
>>
>> Eric

Tonino,
> I suppose all your network comes out using the same IP, or more IP
> which are mapped to same domain.
Yes. On our end we have a NAT(ed) firewall. We also have an MPLS circuit
for certain private address ranges on the WAN interface.

> Check if you have reverse IP issues...
Reverse DNS checks out Okay on both ends.

> You have the IP address which is connecting to external exchange server.
> That IP should match the IP of the name declared in HELO (o EHLO).
There seems to be a Sonicwall email security appliance on their end
between our hosts--which, I think, may be the problem--which has a name
different than their MX record.

> Check also if name associated with that IP corresponds to HELO name
> (some servers are making paranoic controls).
The name associated with the IP on their end is different than the
response of the HELO command.

> Tonino
Thanks again!