Hi,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:

> In order to disable SSLv3, you need to change your cyphers list in
> /etc/dovecot/toaster.conf file for dovecot, and
> /var/qmail/control/tlsserverciphers for qmail-smtpd.
>
> If you turn off SSLv3, that includes TLS, so you'd better turn off plain and
> login authentication methods as well. Looks like digest-md5 or cram-md5
> would be the only non-plain-text authentication methods available. I imagine
> Dan's loving that. ;)

Regarding this StackExchange information:

http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/70832/why-doesnt-the-tls-protocol-work-without-the-sslv3-ciphersuites

there is no need to disable ciphers, but only SSL v3 protocol (POODLE
is a protocol, not cipher, problem)?

Here you can find software specific instructions for disabling SSL v3,
including Dovecot:

https://linode.com/docs/security/security-patches/disabling-sslv3-for-poodle

I haven't tried these yet as it seems I need to upgrade my Dovecot
installations first to be able to disable sslv3...

Best,
Peter