Eric:

First, let me say I've been using QMT on COS 6 since long before the new install scripts (and binary RPMs) became available. And I suspect I'll be a very early adopter of QMT on COS7 as well... Secondly, I'm a firm believer in the use of "appliances" (VMs), and I haven't installed a 32-bit version of Linux since COS4, *so my experiences are not exactly "nominal"...*

So, that being said: I use BIND (named) 9.8 on some of my QMT on COS systems, but I use PDNS (pdns_recursor 3.5) on more. Still, while I /have /seen the buffer (CNAME) error on bind systems, those were older versions of BIND -- I can't say as I've ever seen it on BIND 9.8, and I've never seen it on any version of PDNS -- I have _never_ experienced the mysql library issue you're experiencing. Additionally, I'm not sure how the link works -- but unless your BIND is using a MySQL backend, there should be no shared relationship between BIND, MySQL, and QMT. (In reality, the QMT link to MySQL is really vpopmail's link, unless I'm missing something).

Assuming you're on 64-bit COS6:
 - the current version of libmysqlclient.so is 16 (not 15)
 - the location should be SOLELY in /use/lib64/mysql

So it appears there is a MySQL issue ... and you may be chasing the wrong rabbit :)

Also, you cannot copy COS5 and COS6 binaries back and forth -- they have different dependencies and very different library availabilities.

Just my thoughts...

Dan McAllister
IT4SOHO