On 5/22/2015 7:01 AM, Gary Bowling wrote:
> On 5/22/2015 8:53 AM, Eric Broch wrote:
>> On 5/22/2015 6:16 AM, Gary Bowling wrote:
>>> Are the toaster packages referenced with qtp-newmodel still being
>>> updated? I run this every month to update my toaster, but haven't
>>> seen any updates in a long time. Not even a spam update.
>>>
>>> Thanks, gary

>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>> qmailtoaster-list-h...@qmailtoaster.com
>>>
>> Gary,
>>
>> [Q]tp-newmodel is for CentOS 5 and is no longer being supported as
>> far as I know. I am creating rpms for QTP from the latest source
>> (tar.gz) available for CentOS 5 (x86 and x86_64) and they are on my
>> ftp site, here <ftp://ftp.whitehorsetc.com/pub/qmail/CentOS5/qmt/rpms/>.
>>
>> Eric Broch
>
> Thanks Eric, yea I'm still running CentOS 5. I know, it's out of date,
> but with security updates it's still a fine platform for my mail
> server! I'll check out your ftp site. Are these in a yum repo some
> where? Or added to EPEL?
>
> Gary

Gary,

Not to be contrary, but CentOS 5 is not out of date..., yet. There is
support for it for another 2 years. I'm running 2 servers with CentOS 5.
Of all the versions currently available, I like it best and I've had the
least number of problems with it. Grrr....why the continual upgrades?
The RPM's I provide on my FTP site for the QTP are not available on EPEL
as it would not have the configuration that is specific to a QT server.
I'd like to put my rpms up on qtp.qmailtoaster.com so they'd be
available with qtp-newmodel, but I don't know how. Anyway, that's life.
I plan on making the rpms for CentOS 5 available until sometime past its
end-of-life, maybe longer. I still have a CentOS 4 toaster that's
running strong and doing a sufficient job for that client.

EricB.