Fabe,

I just compiled vqregister (make all), with no install or clean, on
CentOS6/QMT with the following settings ( minus the '-lz' at the end of
the LIBS line, which you had***):

<begin Makefile>

VDIR = /home/vpopmail
CC = gcc
BIN = vqregister
DEFS = -I$(VDIR)/include -I/usr/include/mysql
LINKDEFS =
LIBS = -L$(VDIR)/lib -lvpopmail -lcrypt -L/usr/lib64/mysql -lmysqlclient
OBJS = main.o cgi.o template.o global.o misc.o config.o register.o
password.o \
       vpopmail.o db.o field.o badhosts.o

INSTALL_DIR = /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/vqregister
INSTALL_BIN = vqregister.cgi
INSTALL_UID = vpopmail
INSTALL_GID = vchkpw

<end Makefile>

Why do you want a create vqregister with a partial install of vpopmail
and not the full install?

***
Your LIBS LINE: LIBS = -L$(VDIR)/lib -lvpopmail -lcrypt -L/usr/lib64/mysql
-lmysqlclient -lz
  My LIBS Line: LIBS = -L$(VDIR)/lib -lvpopmail -lcrypt -L/usr/lib64/mysql
-lmysqlclient

Eric