Hi Abel,

This is what Life with Qmail has to say, "*Note: *The memory limit
specified in the softlimit command may need to be raised depending upon
your operating system and hardware platform. If attempts to connect to
port 25 fail or remote systems are unable to send you mail, or you see a
message like "/usr/local/bin/tcpserver: error while loading shared
libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot
allocate memory try raising it to 3000000 or 4000000."

Softlimit merely puts new memory limits on a program, "softlimit - runs
another program with new resource limits."

If anyone has anything else to add PLEASE jump in.

EricB

On 7/8/2015 3:34 PM, a...@globalgate.com.ar wrote:

> Hi Eric
>
> sorry for the delay to answer, i've mixed some folders i guess.
>
> Indeed, "qmailctl {stop|start}" has very different results that
> "qmailctl restart"
>
> I'm trying to understand in this moment:
>
> - why the "old" 'svc -d/-u' supervise command are not enough now.
>
> and
>
> - why do I need now to bump up soflimit to values so significant like
> 100MB
>   or more.
>

> best regards,
>

> --
>
> Abel Lucano ____________________________________________________
> a...@globalgate.com.ar
>
> GlobalGate IngenierĂ­a
> (011) 5218 4242/44
>

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, Eric Broch wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 16:03:06 -0600
>> From: Eric Broch <ebr...@whitehorsetc.com>
>> To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
>> Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] COS 6 /webmail: 454 oops,
>>     problem with child and I can't auth (#4.3.0)
>>
>> Hi Abel,
>> There have been a couple others with the same issue which were resolved
>> by bumping up the soft-limit to 100000000 as you have done. Did you
>> restart qmail. 1) qmailctl stop 2) qmailctl start ?
>> If you have, you might want to bump the soft-limit up a little more.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> On 6/16/2015 2:44 PM, a...@globalgate.com.ar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> testing a new fresh QMT installation, sending a test message with
>>> squirrel webmail failed with:
>>>
>>> "454 oops, problem with child and I can't auth " error message
>>>
>>> /var/log/messages  with this line
>>> Jun 16 17:27:44 sksrv2 kernel: vchkpw[20169]: segfault at 0 ip
>>> 00000037aa128366 sp 00007fff756f4c18 error 4 in
>>> libc-2.12.so[37aa000000+18a000]
>>>

>>> extra info:
>>>
>>> - CentOS 6.6 x64 full updated
>>> qt-whatami v1.0 Tue Jun 16 17:34:31 ART 2015
>>> This machine's OS is supported
>>> REAL_DIST=CentOS
>>> DISTRO=CentOS
>>> OSVER=6.6